Information for Employers
Hello, and welcome to the Student Employment system for Northeastern University!
Spring / Winter Dates
Undergraduate / Graduate
January 9 - May 5
January 9 - April 29
November 28 - March 4
All students are required to take at least a thirty minute break after every six hours of work.
Students are only paid for hours worked. Breaks are unpaid.
Massachusetts State Law says
No person shall be required to work for more than six hours during a calendar day without an interval of at least thirty minutes for a meal. Any employer, superintendent, overseer or agent who violates this section shall be punished by a fine of not less than three hundred nor more than six hundred dollars.
Students - Monday by Noon
Supervisor - Tuesday by Noon
Payments are available on Fridays
*The Student Employment Office will notify you of any payroll deadline changes
Student Employment Site Tips
- Students cannot work more than 20 hours a week, while in classes. Policy
- Inclusive of all positions on the Student Employment site.
- Hiring International Students? Find answers to your International Student Questions online.
- Use the "Manage Timesheets" link on the left after you log in to review your most current list of actively hired student employees.
- Use the "My To-Do Items" link on the left to review and approve timesheets from your student employees.
You cannot access our the Student Employment system without going through myNEU. The option to log in and to request a password are not enabled for students. Please go to myNEU and log in to your account there. You can access the Student Employment site from the "Self-Service" tab at myNEU.