Selected Items[Remove All]

Available Items[Add All]

COVID-19 Student Employment Updates

To keep up to date with Northeastern's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please see the university's dedicated COVID-19 website.

The Office of Student Employment, Graduate Assistantships & Fellowships is available remotely via phone and email during regular hours - Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5pm. Please note the following changes to our operations:

  • Form I-9 can be completed entirely remotely thanks to a temporary policy change from the Department of Homeland Security. The student employee still needs to present documents to a representative from our office on or before their first day of work - to set up this meeting, please use our Bookings page.
  • Direct Deposit is mandatory for all University employees, sign up today if you haven't. If you know you had a paper check waiting for you at the Human Resources office, contact us to have it mailed to you immediately!


If you need to initiate a new student hire while we are still operating remotely, especially for a student who hasn't worked at Northeastern before, please contact us as soon as you know – compliance with labor laws is still crucial!


Thank you for your assistance. We hope everyone stays safe and healthy.


Frequently Asked Questions


Q: Can student employees continue to work remotely?


A: Students can continue to work remotely if it's appropriate for their job and their supervisor approves.


Q: If I am outside the U.S. now that classes are online, can my Student Account refund or student employment pay check be directly deposited to an international bank account?

A: No - we're only able to issue payment via Direct Deposit with U.S. financial institutions. 


Q: While the University is remote, can I work over 20 hours in a week while in classes?

A: No - the 20 hour weekly limit still applies while classes are still in session, even online.



Q: Where can I find my 2020 W-2?


A: Online! This document has step-by-step instructions for accessing it. If you have trouble signing up for the ADP service, contact Human Resources Management at (617) 373-2230 or



Q: What if my Social Security Number is incorrect on my W-2?


A: The Human Resources Management office can issue you a corrected W-2. If you've never provided your SSN to the university, you should submit this secure online form first to do so, then request a corrected W-2 from HRM at (617) 373-2230 or